A few years back, in most Indian households, the use of technology for studying was a huge no-no. Our parents believed proper education can only be achieved by sitting in a classroom and studying from physical books and not from e-resources like PDFs. But with the lockdown due to Covid – 19 and everything switching from offline to online, people have been accepting online education and acknowledging the positive changes tech has brought in the field of education.
Technology has changed every part of our lives in the past few decades. From smart fridges to smartwatches, technology has levelled up the quality of our life. Hence it does not come as a surprise that tech has made some revolutionary changes in the field of education.
How technology can help in providing education:
- Technology has made it possible for education to be accessed by everyone, even in the most remote places. People can access high-quality content with ease and can study at their convenience. There are several websites and software applications that contain information about every topic under the sun. Tech has brought all this data together, which can be accessed by a person within minutes.
- Online education can be personalized according to the student. People can study at their own pace and can upgrade their skills. With online education, people can meet other people from all over the world connected through technology and learn more about diverse cultures.
- Technology has not only made life easier for students but also for teachers. It provides a new platform for teachers and students to interact. Technology keeps a track of the content studied, and marks achieved in a test and provide a graph and analysis of the content that student was able to grasp. This is very useful as the teacher can help the student to identify weak spots and work on them so that the student can unlock his or her full potential.
- Similarly, a tech-driven education system has proven to be of immense use to schools and organizations as it has helped cut down costs, as well provide the best material to the students.
- Technology has made studying efficient, accessible and most of all, fun. Daily tasks and challenges, live partner challenges have gamified education which makes the student much more interested in learning. The use of shared documents and workspaces encourages peer learning with students all over the world. This helps in collaborative learning.